Reminder: Support for the creation and editing of Google’s expanded text ads ends June 30, 2022
Are you a Google Ads client? If so, you may have recently received an email reminding you of the upcoming change to Google’s expanded text ads.
Don’t worry, we’re on it! Take a look at the information below, pulled directly from the Google Ads Team service announcement, and let us know if you have any questions about your campaign.
Starting June 30, 2022, we will no longer be able to create or edit expanded text ads in Google Ads (or any other platform that supports expanded text ads such as Google Ads Editor, the Google Ads mobile app, or API). Existing expanded text ads will continue to serve alongside responsive search ads, and you’ll still see reports on their performance going forward. Additionally, we’ll be able to pause and resume your expanded text ads, or remove them if needed.
To prepare for this change, Google is recommending that we have at least one responsive search ad in every ad group in your Search campaigns by June 30, 2022. To help, here are a few resources and Google best practices that we’re following:
- Repurpose high-performing content from your expanded text ads and focus on reaching ‘Good’ or ‘Excellent’ Ad strength. Ad strength provides us with feedback on the effectiveness of your responsive search ads and action items to improve them.
- Check your account’s Recommendations page. These customized suggestions can help us quickly add or improve responsive search ads.
- Pin headlines or descriptions to specific positions in responsive search ads. This is useful if you have certain messages that always need to be shown.
- Use ad variations. This can help us test different versions of your assets at scale and review their performance across multiple campaigns.
- Review cross-campaign asset reporting to understand which headlines and descriptions resonate the most with your customers. We improve your ads by replacing “Low” performing assets with new headlines and descriptions that are based on your “Best” performing assets.
- Use Google Ads Editor or the Google Ads API to create and edit responsive search ads at scale.
To learn more about best practices on creating effective responsive search ads, feel free to check out Google’s best practices guide.
We’re here for you and are already making the required changes to your account.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything!