Mid-Year Marketing Checklist
How do you stack up in these 5 areas?
After catching up from 2020, you’ve likely been so buried in getting your business back on track that everything else has been on the back burner – including your marketing plan. Well, we’ve made it midway through 2021 and now is the perfect time to check in on your marketing efforts. Ask yourself these questions to get an overarching view of where you stand today, and where you want to grow by the end of the year.
? 1. How well is your website working for you?
- What do your traffic numbers look like month over month, quarter over quarter and year over year? (You may want to compare to both 2020 and 2019.)
- How often are you updating your website content? (The more the better, as it raises your organic search rankings.)
- If you have e-commerce on your site, is it functioning correctly (both for you and your customers)?
- Are all your security certifications up-to-date?
- When was the last time you took a look at your design? (Keeping your images, colors and styles updated is important to your user experience.)
? 2. What kinds of new content are you creating?
- Do you have a content schedule? (Creating a set schedule with dates and topics helps you plan out the year, and work ahead when possible.)
- Are you creating different types of content (blogs, videos, podcasts, etc.)? (People prefer to consume content in different ways, so diversifying your content is essential.)
- Are you asking your customers what kind of content they’d like to see? (Consider email surveys, social media comments and even reaching out directly.)
- What content is performing the best? (If your audience hardly reads blogs but watches your videos regularly, create more videos.)
- Are you focusing on quality over quantity? (While frequent updates are important, it’s better to focus on reflecting quality for your brand.)
? 3. Is your email marketing effective?
- Do you have a consistent email marketing campaign? (You don’t have to send daily, or even weekly emails, but consistently communicating with customers is key.)
- Are you regularly testing subject lines? (A/B testing helps you increase open rates and understand what attracts your audience.)
- Are you tracking open rates and conversions? (This is a key metric in evaluating your overall program.)
- Do you give subscribers exclusive content or deals? (It’s a great way to entice them to sign up for your mailing list.)
? 4. Are you engaging on social media?
- Have you identified the best platforms for your business? (You don’t need to post on every single platform – pick one or two and use them regularly.)
- Are you talking with your customers? (If you’re posting on a platform, customers will expect you to answer questions and respond to comments.)
- Is your content relevant and interesting?
- Do you have a consistent posting schedule that incorporates different products, services and offers?
- Are you monitoring what others say about you on social media? (Even if you’re not active on a platform, you should check in to see if there are any issues or concerns.)
? 5. Is your customer service available via multiple channels?
- Are you checking all your social media channels, in addition to your emails and your phone calls?
- Do you track the questions, comments and concerns that come in? (This can help you spot patterns or issues.)
- Is there at least one team member assigned to consistently monitor and respond to communication? (24-hour service isn’t always necessary, but you should respond to every question within one business day.)
- Is it clear in every channel how customers can contact you? (Make sure you’re listing your preferred method of communication and hours in every touchpoint.)
We know it’s not always easy to stay on top of marketing trends – especially when you’re also trying to run your company’s day-to-day operations. If you’re looking for help in any (or all) of these areas, give us a call – we’d be happy to talk about how we can help you level up for the rest of 2021.
If You Liked This, Then You’ll Probably Like These: